Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele machine Reforged Duty ghoul port power leon boom body NPCs money brotherhood Mask riot clone hunk boomers dead Metal Gear marvel vault khan Ryse commonwealth
Latest topics
» Fallout: New Vegas "Pizza Boy" Mod
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby MrMistyEyed2 Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:15 pm

» Here Are Some Of The Best Mods From GunNetwork
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Abyssfer Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:02 am

» Saying hi after two years
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby spiralsandspirals Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:39 pm

» Weird bug or glitch with Console Command. [FNV]
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby STQayas Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:19 pm

» Looking for an alternative to Nexus
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby freakoverse Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:50 am

» fallout 4 mods
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby salientguitar4 Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:47 pm

» [FNV] How to troubleshot infinite loading issues?
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Abyssfer Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:28 pm

» Fnv Enable player control command
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby GenJohnWilliam Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:25 pm

» Problem with Dragbodies NCR overhaul
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Lankychazz2009 Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:53 pm

» NCR Trooper Overhaul Armors with NCR Ultimate Overhaul
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Abyssfer Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:29 pm

» Roland Deschain ist The Mysterious Stranger and other t
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:25 am

» [FO4] Doom 2016 models as replecement.
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby SpaceRanger Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:12 am

» [FO4] Secret Service armor, helmet headlamp
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby fossaceca17 Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:19 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:28 am

» The Next fallout
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:25 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Cipher22 Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:21 am

» Afterlife discord
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Willaemann Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:44 pm

» What happened to Outlawer's pack 1?
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby Trappy82 Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:17 am

» Greetings
Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Emptyby septron Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:49 am

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mild96

mild96

Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 pm

TheHermit wrote:
Corvo wrote:
And forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't all those Witcher 3 DLC packs you listed free on Steam? Bethesda are selling these microtransactions at a price while CD Projekt Red is letting people download them for free, they're completely different.
I believe they were free, yes. However, and again, by definition (I still think people are misunderstanding my angle on this), they're still DLC, just Bethesda are adding microtransactions to theirs.
Corvo wrote:
this Creation Club would've actually been a benefit to the community if they had included Falskaar level mods that are on par,
It's early days yet. They may still have something of that size up their sleeve -- a lot of top profile modders were contacted or themselves requested Creation Club status. You may not have a problem purchasing something that size, but a lot of people will. Can't please everybody.
Corvo wrote:
Who would pay for a pipboy skin in a singleplayer game where NOBODY will see it besides the player?
Probably not PC players, but a lot of console player will. Just because we have the better sense not to, doesn't mean others won't be willing to pay for this content. Bethesda wouldn't have tried this if they wasn't market data to support it. It would be a waste of money.

Fallout 4 doesn't seem as popular to mod as Skyrim and older Fallout titles, so I'm not too worried. I still haven't completed Fallout 4. Whilst the graphics are an improvement and certain gameplay elements, it's been gutted out of a lot of the good stuff and simply not as enjoyable as previous titles.

As for the quest thing. They do not have a quest attached to them. They have "quest". The quest consists of "Go to X, clear vanilla location, loot your item". That's it. And some don't have even that, the backpack and shotgun just land in your inventory.

CDPR made and released free small DLCs as a gesture of good will. Bethesda is selling overpriced 3rd party made content that is inferior to free 3rd party content. Two armor mods will cost you as much as Hearts of Stone DLC, which adds about 15 hours of story-packed gameplay. If CC garbage was indeed a DLC, it would be included in the Season Pass, which claims to include all official addons.

What I really don't understand is some people defending CC because it's curated by Bethesda, and therefore it should be compatible, more stable and less buggy than mods. Curated by Bethesda. The same Bethesda who relies on amateur modders to fix their bugged games in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 2:01 pm

Here is a comment on one of Gopher's videos discussing the topic of Creation Club by Recluse, the author of various quest mods for Fallout 4 like Fusion City Rising and 50 Ways To Die at Nick's.

Recluse wrote:
Hey Gopher,

I'm Recluse, author of 50 Ways to Die at Dr. Nick's and co-author of Fusion City Rising and Outcasts & Remnants, all reasonably large Fallout 4 quest mods that were voted first or second place in File of the Month on Nexus.

I wanted to give you some additional info, if you're interested.

I applied to Creation Club shortly after the E3 announcement and included links to my body of work. Bethesda has yet to even respond to me in any way.

I certainly have no idea regarding their vetting process for applicants, however, the complete lack of response, along with the current list of available Creation Club content, suggests to me that they have little interest in the large project quest centered content that seems like the kind of stuff people might actually be interested in paying for.

I don't expect I have the kind of name recognition of modders like Trainwiz or Elianora, but I do have well over a million downloads on the Nexus, including three Fallout 4 quest mods that have received a good bit of attention from users.

I suspect the Creation Club business model is aimed mainly at PS4 players and will consist of sucking money out of console users a couple of dollars at a time using nickel and dime impulse buys like new armors, weapons, or other items, and maybe use some of their lower tier in-house modelers and texturers to crank the stuff out by the barrel full, while adding a few independent modders with name recognition to provide a veneer of modding credibility.

Anyway, that's my perspective so far, make of it what you will.
Regards,

Recluse

That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. Bethesda are willing to sacrifice every bit of their reputation to sponge money off of the console players. It pretty much proves that Bethesda has the option of selling quest mods that people would unquestionably buy without complaint but instead choose to make their shitty system dedicated to armor mods and camo packs.

Last edited by Corvo on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
victyeung

victyeung

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 2:06 pm

This is real life. Someone would buy it. Like those "pay to win" games. People would pay for anything.  You think it is stupid and costly. Others think is worthy and cheap.
But I concern the compatibility of CC's mods.  
I have installed over 200+ mods on my Fallout4 and Skyrim. I don't think you can run all of these mods without a single compatibility patch.
Not to mention those huge DLC sized mods.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why, if the content on the Creation Club is inferior to free mod content, why anybody is bothered about it being behind a paywall anyway. If it's sub par, move on. Ignore it. There are better free alternatives anyway. I think some folks are just looking for something new to complain about that doesn't affect them much.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 2:40 pm

@TheHermit

Because if the entire community ignores it nothing will improve. You can say the same about criticism of Beth games and their DLC. But this Creation Club cripples Bethesda's reputation more than anything since it's an obvious cash grab and it's not going to get any better if we ignore it.

If we just ignored Steam Workshop Paid mods, they would still be around. Same rule applies here.
Back to top Go down
praising

praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 pm

So, this thread is going off topic I believe, as it is turning into a general discussion about the CC, while it was created specifically to address the Guidelines on GUN about ripping/porting and posting/sharing content from the CC.

To clear things up one last time, as we've already stated in this topic:
_ People can rip/port content from the CC, we're not here to tell you what you can or cannot do on your own.
_ However, if they wish to upload/share their CC ported content on GUN, they need to have the original author's permission. It follow the same rule that we've always had regarding sharing mods on GUN. If you use assets or ported content made by someone else, you need to have that person's permission if you want to share it on GUN.

just in case, here's the rules regarding distribution of mods on GUN:

Topic Locked cause we've addressed the issue, and if you wish to further discuss about the Creation Club, then please do so in the following topic:

https://www.gunetwork.org/t14812-the-creation-club-isn-t-really-a-succes-is-it

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?   Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Creation Club - Guidelines on ripping and posting ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2